Thomas A. Klug is the founder of Klug Law Firm. He obtained his Masters in Taxation of Law at the University of Miami, Florida in 1977. He primarily focuses in the areas of taxation, banking, business, estate planning and nonprofit organizations. He focuses his practice on the needs of the small to medium size businesses and individuals in tax and estate planning and uses his expertise in taxation and estate planning to ensure that his clients are properly represented in every aspects of the law.
For 40 years, Mr. Klug has:
- represented tax clients in the United States Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit, United States District Court for the Western and Eastern Districts of Michigan, United States Tax Court, United States Bankruptcy Courts for the Western and Eastern Districts of Michigan and Southern District of Florida, Michigan Tax Tribunal, and Michigan Court of Claim;
- represented tax clients in tax audits, collections, appeals, civil and criminal tax fraud cases before the Internal Revenue Service (“IRS”) the State of Michigan Department of the Treasury and State of Florida Department of Revenue;
- represented tax clients in Offer in Compromises of their tax liabilities before the IRS and as of January 1, 2015 before the State of Michigan Department of the Treasury;
- obtained 501 (c)(3); (c) (4) & (c)(5) tax exempt status from the IRS for nonprofit organizations, including public safety organizations, support organizations for college and community athletic teams (football, basketball, hockey and wrestling) and conservation organizations;
- represented individuals in the formation of businesses as corporations, chapter S corporations, limited liability companies, limited partnerships, partnerships and sole proprietorships;
- lectured in estate planning and represented clients in business and estate planning, probate administration, conservatorship, guardianship, power of attorneys, Medicaid eligibility, application and planning and elder law throughout Michigan and Florida;
- prepared several different trusts to use to meet the specific needs of clients, including credit shelter trust, special needs trusts, and Medicaid qualifying trusts;
- represented clients in the buying, selling and leasing of residential and commercial real estate throughout Michigan and Florida; and
- represented banks and financial institutions in regards to business, commercial, and personal loans.
Mr. Klug is experienced in tax, business and corporate law, non profits, real estate, estate planning, elder law and probate matters.